1. Start making a list of items you want to bring to your new home.
2. Begin sorting unwanted items and plan a yard sale or set them aside for Cavalier Moving’s Junk Removal Service.
1. Begin discarding unwanted items, whether though secondhand donation shops, yard or garage sales, or selling items on eBay or other online markets.
1. Transfer your utilities to your new home, i.e. water, power and trash.
2. Begin packing things you don’t use on a regular basis.
1. Shop for moving supplies.
2. Pack. Start with holiday items and decorations, then move on to other items you don’t regularly use.
3. Go through items in closets and extra storage areas.
4. Transfer school records.
5. Schedule a transfer of address with your local post office.
1. Prepare a box of essentials to keep with you.
2. Tape screws and all parts to the base of furniture.
3. Keep cleaning supplies on hand.
4. Pack snacks but be prepared to eat out.
5. Defrost and clean your fridge.
6. Consider throwing a moving party and asking friends for help, in exchange for food and beverages.