Getting You Ready – Richmond, VA
Our moving tips are things we’ve picked up on the years to help with the overall process. Prepping for your big move can feel overwhelming, but we are here to help you get from point A to point B. Here is our handy guideline to get you started on your pain-free moving process. Whatever part of Richmond you’re in, these moving tips will help make your move go great!
Give us a call today! 804-404-8048
Eight Weeks Prior
- Start making a list of items you want to bring to your new home.
- Begin sorting unwanted items and plan a yard sale or set them aside for Cavalier Moving’s Junk Removal Service.
Six Weeks Prior
- Begin discarding unwanted items, whether though secondhand donation shops, yard or garage sales, or selling items on eBay or other online markets.
Four Weeks Prior
- Transfer your utilities to your new home, i.e. water, power and trash.
- Begin packing things you don’t use on a regular basis.
One to Two Weeks Prior
- Shop for moving supplies.
- Pack. Start with holiday items and decorations, then move on to other items you don’t regularly use.
- Go through items in closets and extra storage areas.
- Transfer school records.
- Schedule a transfer of address with your local post office.
One to Two Days Prior
- Prepare a box of essentials to keep with you.
- Tape screws and all parts to the base of furniture.
- Keep cleaning supplies on hand.
- Pack snacks but be prepared to eat out.
- Defrost and clean your fridge.
- Consider throwing a moving party and asking friends for help, in exchange for food and beverages.